Dear GeoRAMAN-2016 Participants,
We gratefully thank you for your contribution to the success of the event! The Conference joined 102 participants from 16 countries who presented 55 brilliant talks and 73 poster presentations.
The post-conference School for students and young scientists also had a great success (all lectures presented at the School will be available here).
Here we place some important announcements given at the Closing Ceremony.
1. Congratulations to newly-elected members of the GeoRaman International Science Advisory Committee (GRISAC):
Prof. Germana BARONE (University of Catania, Italy)
Prof. Ute BÖTTGER (German Aerospace Center, Germany)
Prof. Hiroyuki KAGI (University of Tokyo, Japan)
Prof. Paolo MAZZOLENI (University of Catania, Italy)
Prof. Antonio SANSANO (Astrobiology Center, Valladolid, Spain)
2. Congratulations to Prof. Andrey KORSAKOV, who will be the GRISAC President in 2016-2018!
3. Congratulations to the hosts of the next GeoRAMAN-2018 Conference in Catania, Italy – Prof. Danilo BERSANI, Prof. Germana BARONE, and Prof. Paolo MAZZOLENI!
As soon as the GeoRAMAN-2018 website will start to operate, we will place a link here and send it by e-mail.
4. The submission of papers based on the results presented at the Conference to a special issue of the Journal of Raman Spectroscopy is now open!
THE DEADLINE IS THE 1st OF OCTOBER!!!
To submit your manuscript please proceed through the regular submission procedure at http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/jrs with the following details:
1. On the first tab on the left - Type, Title, and Abstract - There will be a question at the bottom: Is this submission for a special issue? - select "Yes"
2. On the fourth tab on the left - Review Preferences - There will be a drop down menu to add an Editor - select "Korsakov, Andrey" (for Raman Spectroscopy and Extreme Conditions, Raman Spectroscopy and Environmental Sciences, and Raman Spectroscopy and Earth Sciences topics) or "Marshall, Craig" (for Raman Spectroscopy and Materials Science, Raman Spectroscopy and Pigments Study, Raman Spectroscopy and Space Exploration, and Raman Spectroscopy and Carbonaceous Materials topics)
3. On the fifth tab on the left - Details and Comments - There will be a section on Special issue information. Please enter the following special issue title "GeoRAMAN special JRS issue"
4. There is another section on Editor Selection, please enter "Craig Marshall" or "Andrey Korsakov" as the editor you are submitting to
See you in Catania!
With the best wishes,